Lycamobile bolsters management team with new senior appointments
• Lycamobile has appointed a new Chief Technology Officer, Group Chief Marketing & Digital Officer and Chief Commercial Officer
• The new appointments come as part of Lycamobile’s ongoing international expansion and its drive to develop a new digital business
[London] 08nd February 2020: Lycamobile, the world’s largest MVNO and part of the multinational Lyca Group, is proud to announce three senior appointments at C level: Brigadier Anil Tandan as Chief Technology Officer, Mikah Martin-Cruz as Group Chief Marketing and Digital Officer and Karl Booth as Chief Commercial Officer.
The new appointments have been made as Lycamobile enters its next stage of growth, expanding its network in national markets and developing value added services to meet the evolving needs of its customers.
Navanit Narayan, Group Chief Operating Officer of Lycamobile said:
“I’m delighted to welcome Anil, Mikah and Karl to the Lycamobile family, broadening our expertise within the business at this important time in our global development.
“Against the backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic, it is critical that we continue to develop new products and services that meet the ever-changing needs of our valued customers.
““I look forward to working closely with all three of them to build upon our successes to date.””
• Anil will be responsible for network infrastructure and will support the wider technology arm of the business.
• Mikah will lead the digitisation of the business, including the launch of a new ecommerce platform, as well as directing overall marketing efforts.
• Karl will take on responsibility for managing Lycamobile’s existing global MVNO business and leading new country launches. He joins Lycamobile as part of the Commercial team and will work alongside Group Chief Commercial Officer, Kashmir Naji, to enhance current and future MVNO businesses.
Brigadier Anil Tandan, Chief Technology Officer
Anil brings with him 50 years of telecoms and IT expertise gathered over his career in the Army and the private sector. He spent 30 years in the Indian Army’s Corps of Signals before retiring as a Brigadier to join India’s nascent mobile industry in 1998. Since then, he has been recognised as a leading, influential figure in the industry. In 2003, he was appointed Chief Technology officer at Idea Cellular Ltd, India’s third largest operator. He was responsible for growing the business from a regional 2G operator to a pan-Indian 4G operator till it joined with Vodafone India to form Vodafone Idea. He was an integral part of the leadership team responsible for the consolidation of the two networks.
Mikah Martin-Cruz, Group Chief Marketing & Digital Officer
Mikah has more than 25 years’ experience in consumer technology, commercial marketing, and digital ecommerce. Mikah has held senior positions at several telco and technology groups including BT, where he was part of the team responsible for rolling out high speed broadband in the UK. He went on to become Sony Consumer Electronics’ Marketing Director and later CMO at Samsung and subsequently at Microsoft for (Western Europe). Prior to joining Lycamobile, Mikah was Executive Director, EMEA and APAC at Logitech.
Karl Booth, Chief Commercial Officer
Karl joins Lycamobile with over 20 years’ telecoms experience, having worked across the B2B and B2C sectors launching new products and implementing strategies to monetise them. In his most recent position, Karl served as Commercial Director of Conecto, a mobile virtual network enabler (MVNE) that allowed MVNOs to launch and scale rapidly and efficiently. He also spent 10 years at Vodafone, where he was head of Business Development, responsible for building its market leading wholesale business.